Thursday, April 30, 2009

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

1 medium onion(chopped)
2 Tbsp. butter(or marg.)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup chicken broth
1(4 oz.)can chopped green chilies
1 pkg.(12) corn tortillas
2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 lb. grated cheese (or less)

Saute onion in butter(or marg.). Combine onion, soups, broth, chilies and chicken. Heat through & stir well. In a 9x13 baking dish, alternate tortillas, chicken mixture, and cheese in 2 layers. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Makes 9 servings. Enjoy!

*I used fat free soups, margerine, regular shredded cheese(it's what I had on hand) and the total WW points for one serving was 9 pts. The points could be further reduced by using reduced-fat shredded cheese.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I think you brought this over after I had Joseph... It was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this tonight, and it turned out great. Jack and the kids liked it. Miriam even had seconds! I thought I had green chilies, but was out, so I used about 1/2 c salsa instead, and it worked out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this for my family the other night. We all really liked it. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin