Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fried Rice

1 TB vegetable oil
6 slices of ham, diced
4 eggs
4 cups rice, cooked
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
3 TB soy sauce

Heat 1/2 TB of oil in a large skillet. Scramble the eggs in the oil until the eggs are done. Remove the eggs from the pan. Add another 1/2 TB of oil to the pan and stir-fry the onion, vegetables, and ham. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Add the cooked rice to the pan. Continue stirring until the mixture is hot. Add the soy sauce, mix well, and then add the eggs. After it is all mixed well and hot, serve.

Makes 6 1/2 cups of fried rice

*This recipe turns out better if you use cold rice (left over from another meal?) but I usually just used fresh made rice and it turns out fine. It is just a little mushier.
*For those counting points, I used egg beaters instead of whole eggs and it is 2 points per 1/2 cup.
**The original recipe called for more oil, but I cut it down. I have tried using non-stick spray and eliminating the oil all together and the rice did not turn out well. Some oil is necessary.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I LOVE fried rice and any other kind of Asian food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this a couple days ago and we liked it. I never knew how to get the scrambled eggs in right-- great recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin