Tuesday, June 30, 2009

White Chili

2-3 chicken breasts
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans (15 oz each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 c chicken broth
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 c minced fresh parsley or cilantro
Monterrey Jack cheese

In a slow cooker, add all ingredients except cilantro and cheese. Stir well. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or until chicken is done. Shred chicken; add cilantro and stir. Top each bowl with cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Just made this over the weekend. Everyone loved it, especially me. I HATE beans. ALL BEANS. Thanks Katie for always feeding me something with beans in it. I think I am finally developing a taste for them...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin