Monday, October 5, 2009

Chicken Spaghetti

(I borrowed this picture from Cooking During Stolen Moments Blog)


I cannot stake claim on this recipe. It is from the blog listed to the right called Cooking During Stolen Moments. My family loved this recipe. In fact, I broke a cardinal rule of mine and cooked it for company even though I had never tried the recipe on my own family first. But the ingredients sounded good and the picture of the prepared dish looked good enough to eat. So, I tried it out and we all loved it. We will make it again. Go ahead, try it yourself, and visit her blog to find more great recipes!



1/3 c. butter or margarine
1/2 green pepper, finely diced
1/3 c. flour
1 1/2 c. chicken stock
1 1/2 c. milk
3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. chili powder
1 8 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
1 lb. chicken, fully cooked and cubed
1/2 lb. spaghetti, fully cooked


1. In a large skillet or saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add green pepper and cook 2-3 minutes. Add flour and cook an additional 2 minutes. Slowly add chicken stock and milk. Whisk or stir well to prevent lumps.
2. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 3 minutes, until slightly thicker than a gravy consistency. Remove from heat. Stir in spices, cubed chicken, cheese, tomatoes and spaghetti until combined.


I only did half of the cheese she called for and I thought it was plenty cheesy. This recipe would be enough to feed my family of 6 but if you are cooking for a larger family or are having guests I would double the recipe. Doubled it will make about 12 -1 cup servings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin