Friday, October 23, 2009

Monterey Chicken Quesadillas


I was a little leery to try this recipe. I wasn't sure how all of the ingredients would blend together. However, the picture of the finished product looked so yummy I decided to go ahead and give it a try. I LOVED them. My kids loved them. My husband loved them.



I found this recipe and picture on Cooking During Stolen Moments (click HERE to go to this blog and find other great recipes).


1/2 lb. shredded or diced cooked chicken 3/4 c. barbecue sauce (bottled or homemade)
1/2 lb. bacon
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 c. shredded monterey jack cheese
6 burrito-sized flour tortillas
Butter (I used spray butter on mine and regular butter on the rest of the families)


1. Combine chicken and barbecue sauce. Set aside.
2. Dice the bacon and add to a small skillet. Cook until desired crispness. Remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon to drain.
3. Add the sliced onion to the bacon grease in the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes, until fully cooked. Remove onions with a slotted spoon and drain.
4. Build quesadillas – on a tortilla layer cheese, chicken, bacon, onion, more cheese and top with a second tortilla.
5.Cook quesadillas in a large skillet with melted butter.
6. Slice into triangles and dip in ranch dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin