Friday, November 6, 2009

Play Dough

I recently wrote a blog on my family blog about my son eating play dough. I got a couple comments about giving him Peanut Butter Play Dough instead of the real stuff. He has actually had it, which may be why he thought it was okay to eat... I thought I'd share my recipes for the edible and not-so-yummy (but more fun to play with!) play dough varieties.

Play Dough

1 c water
1 c flour
2 tbsp oil
1/2 c salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
food coloring

Combine all ingredients in a pot. Cook and stir over medium heat until too stiff to stir. Pour out and knead for one minute. Store in an air-tight container.

Peanut Butter Play Dough
(This is the most nutritious variety I could find, so that's what my kids get.)

1 c creamy peanut butter
1 c rolled oats
1 c dried milk
1/3 c honey

Mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined. Store in an airtight container. It is best right after making.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin