Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ginger cookies

It is that time of year again when my home is filled with all kinds of yummy smells. I don't know what it is but I love to bake in December. Last night we made chocolate chip cookies and today I'm making ginger cookies. The smell is amazing! Cloves and cinnamon baking! It makes me feel warm and happy. One of the children even commented that they like it when I bake because it makes it feel like home. So thank you Middle School choir for having a fundraiser and needing cookies! Thank you snowy, cold weather for keeping me home so I could make the cookies! Thank you dear daughter for asking me to make them for you!

Ginger cookies
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1/2 cup molasses
4 cups flour
3 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cloves
2 tsp. cinnamon

Cream together shortening and sugar. Add eggs and molasses. Mix well. Add 1 cup flour, baking soda, cloves and cinnamon. Mix well. Add remaining flour 1 cup at a time mixing well between each cup. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Makes about 6 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin